About the company
The Co-operative Bank is a different kind of bank. We’re here to change banking for good.
Since 1928 we’ve been doing right by people, with a focus on helping New Zealanders get ahead financially. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do and we’re committed to helping improve the world we work, live and play in. To reflect this, we’re proud to be NZ’s first bank accredited as a Certified B Corporation. To top it off, we’re also the only bank in New Zealand that shares its profits with its customers.
Whether it’s help from one of our friendly teams, or a seamless experience with one of our digital solutions, we’ve got our customers covered. Here, no two days are the same. Our people are empowered to innovate, share ideas and let our skills take us in unexpected and exciting directions. But most importantly, we can be ourselves at work, we have fun but still get things done.
About the role
As a Senior Consultant you’ll play a key role in growing our bank, with home and personal lending as your core focus. You’ll thrive on providing exceptional customer service, and use your relationship building skills to develop a strong referral network within your community.
You’ll own the customer relationship from initial consultation to draw down, providing suitable lending options, and solutions where appropriate. You’ll also assist our customers with their everyday banking needs, taking opportunities to broaden the relationship.
Because The Co-operative Bank is owned by our customers, everything we do, every day, is for their benefit.
This is a full time position, and will work across our Hastings and Napier branches.
- Build strong relationships with customers, your team, and the wider community
- Proactively contribute to achievement of branch and individual goals
- Grow the branch’s home and personal lending portfolios
- Understand and provide banking options for customers, including processing and assessing credit applications
- On-going credit control for the branches lending portfolio.
Skills and experience
- Excel in customer service
- Effective and professional communication skills
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Great time management skills, with the ability to handle unplanned interruptions
- At least three years’ work experience, including in financial services and lending
Our workplace is one where we bring our experiences, background and perspectives together to collaborate and achieve great things, rocking the banking world as we go. We’re ready. Are you?
Applications close: 21 September 2021