About the company
The Co-operative Bank is a different kind of bank. We’re here to change banking for good.
Since 1928 we’ve been doing right by people, with a focus on helping New Zealanders get ahead financially. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do and we’re committed to helping improve the world we work, live and play in. To reflect this, we’re proud to be NZ’s first bank accredited as a Certified B Corporation. To top it off, we’re also the only bank in New Zealand that shares its profits with its customers.
Whether it’s help from one of our friendly teams, or a seamless experience with one of our digital solutions, we’ve got our customers covered. Here, no two days are the same. Our people are empowered to innovate, share ideas and let our skills take us in unexpected and exciting directions. But most importantly, we can be ourselves at work, we have fun but still get things done.
About the role
As a Consultant, you’ll play a key role in growing our bank, with exceptional customer service as your core focus.
You’ll provide suitable banking options for current and prospective customers, assisting them with their everyday banking needs, including deposits, personal lending, international payments, insurance taking other opportunities to deepen customer relationships with your knowledge of our products and services.
Because The Co-operative Bank is owned by our customers, everything we do, every day, is for their benefit.
This is a full time position, at our Wellington branch.
- Build strong relationships with customers and your team
- Contribute to achievement of branch goals
- Provide suitable banking options and where appropriate make recommendations to customers, including processing and assessing credit applications.
Skills and experience
- Excel in customer service
- Effective and professional communication skills
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and handle unplanned interruptions
- Proven sales experience, ideally from working in a bank.
Our workplace is one where we bring our experiences, background and perspectives together to collaborate and achieve great things, rocking the banking world as we go. We’re ready. Are you?
Applications close: 26th September 2021